Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday Eggs

We may be a few days early with our symbols of resurrection and new life, but we dyed Easter eggs this afternoon. It was the first time we've done this with Grace and she thought it was super fun.

Waiting, waiting, waiting

I didn't explore any of the natural dye ideas that are out there; we just used the little dye tablets that come in a kit from the drugstore. We used brown eggs, though, and I am quite taken with how they turned out. Aren't they pretty?

So pretty...

I am happy to report that both dresses for the girls are finished and hanging in their closets ready for Sunday morning, and I even managed to finish a pretty new skirt for myself. My sister is coming in town to visit us tomorrow and we have plans with friends from church for Sunday afternoon-- what a fun few days we have ahead of us... We hope your Good Friday is lovely today and wish you a wonderful Easter weekend!

Grace is pleased with our handiwork

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 Peter 1:3


3 comments:

Unknown said...

the eggs are lovely. cant wait to see all the new clothes!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I also decided to forego the natural dyes and just go with the PAAS tablets. It seemed to be too much effort for dying the egg shell. I would rather just throw away eggs if I feel the dye gets to them.

I look forward to seeing the girls tomorrow and seeing their dresses.

Eva said...

Here in Bavaria they sell a huge amounts of colored eggs everywhere, even already hard boiled ones with shiny colors... those make me a bit nervous.