Tuesday, June 2, 2009

5 months, 2 girls, 1 outfit


5 months old
Grace at 5 months

Violet at 5 months
Violet at 5 months

Wow, they really do look different, don't they?  I can't help but ponder how much they'll favor each other as they grow bigger and Violet emerges from the delicious baby fat stage into some stage where we can actually get a better idea of her facial features.

Getting out the sweet baby girl clothes that Grace wore and using them again with Violet has been such a pleasure.   Because of when their birthdays are and the differences in seasons between Connecticut and Texas, I haven't really NEEDED to buy or sew much of anything for Violet up until now.  (Not that this stopped me from buying and/or sewing a few new things along the way...)  I think it has finally happened, though; Grace wore this particular outfit (along with a whole bunch of other warm weather clothes in that size) until the end of summer in Connecticut and I can only barely snap it over Violet's cloth-diapered booty today at the beginning of June.  She's going to need new clothes for the months of hot weather ahead of us, and depending on how exactly her growth moves forward, she might not wear the big pile of 6-12 month winter clothes at all.  Oh well, girls love new clothes, right?

5 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

We have had similar issues with the girls being different seasons. Luckily they are both small. Summer clothes have been fine since it is summer so long in Texas but I had to buy Caroline winter clothes because they were off. It is fun both to buy new and to reminisce when they wear hand me downs.

MontyG3..4! said...

They are both gorgeous!!!

Kimberly said...

I am so bummed that my little guy can't wear many of the cute clothes his brother did b/c of the seasons. They are very similar in size but very different in looks.

angie.a said...

They are both SO adorable. Grace looks alot like your baby picture above! I want to pinch Violets chubby cheeks. Alot.

Unknown said...

I could not find a coat for Evan the other day as I was running out the door, so I grabbed Ella's sweater hanging by the door. With one roll of the sleeves it was a perfect fit. Crazy. He is in 18 mos clothes now. Ella, often is still in 2T. I think I am going to start buying a lot of yellow...