Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Got My Hair Done!

Yay! Red hair!

And it turned out super fun. I am really happy with how the color turned out. The bangs are going to take some getting used to, and today (one day after the haircut) I am not sure I'm going to keep them and may immediately grow them out to the sort-of side-swept layer-y thing I had going on before. They were cut to be straight-across blunt bangs that hang straight down and I can't even bear to have them like that. All that hair! On my forehead! GAH! Maybe I will get used to it in a little while.

So bright and fun!

I was just remembering to back when I had pink hair in Dallas a couple years ago and chuckled at how I would get asked VERY OFTEN at church if it was my first time to visit there, something I never got asked with all brown hair.  Oh, the Bible Belt...  I have chosen to be charitable and believe that these people were assuming I was new because they thought they would remember seeing a pink-haired woman in their church, and not that their assumption was a less benign one.  I do not see this as a problem at our church here in Salt Lake City because a) it is quite small and you pretty much know who everyone is and b) everybody at our new church is all covered in tattoos anyway.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Wow, it looks great!... I have to confess I am jealous, but I swore to stay out of hair adventures for a while, so I will.

angie.a said...

OMGosh, I'm SO behind reading blogs!! I'm out of the loop. My mind is reeling from the next post, but I'll comment on it in a sec. :D

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair! You're so adorable.